Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Getting over "Ginky"


This has been Sarah's very best friend. My original plan was to rid Sarah of her Binky at 18 months. Now at 19 1/2 months the time has come. On Sunday my helping husband made sure the two Binky's we had were put out of commission. When Sarah found a broken Binky she was very sad and bewildered, since it really doesn't leave her crib. We talked to her about how big she is and we took it out to the big blue garbage. She cried and cried that night but eventually figured it out and put herself to sleep and then slept all night. However, since the first night, things have not been good. Nap times are miserable and last night she insisted on waking the entire house at 3am and not going back to her crib. I take solace in an exchange we had this afternoon. We dropped Ellie off at dance and proceeded to run a few errands, it was nap time and she asked for her, "Ginky". I replied that Binky's are for babies and she is a now my little girl. She laughed at the thought of being my baby. Maybe...just maybe she will get over her addiction. As for now we all miss you, "Ginky".

3 comments:

Bangerter family said...

Wow! Good for you! I haven't even thought about taking the binky away from Jade. This happens with the third child, I still think she is such a baby! What will happen with the fourth!! I am doomed!

Missi said...

You are brave girl! I swore Aubrey would be done at a year and now I love that she sleeps so well and she is 15 months and I can't quite pull the plug. Let me know how much harder it gets so I can assess how to handle my own problem shortly!

Jessie Gold Price said...

Hey Ang! I got a blog!! Kim kept giving me a hard time because she had to check Michelle's blog to see what was up with me, so I made one. But that is a cute little story about Sarah and her Ginky! Miss you guys like crazy! Love you all!!!