About a month ago the girls and I caught some bug. It seemed to linger for a couple of weeks, during which we spent a lot of time indoors. I finished quite a few projects that I'm going to randomly post. This one is a quilt I made for Ellie's bed. I say "I", but, all I really did was sew the pieces together. I commissioned my Mom and little sister (and any visitor to my mothers house) to pick up a quilting needle. I was really mean, insisting on a different pattern for each piece of fabric. I drew in all the quilting patterns and then left the quilt at the end of my short trip for others to finish hand-quilting. They did an awesome job and I truly have an heirloom (Ellie has the nicest bedspread in the house). Thank you, thank you! I can't wait until we can do the twin sized to match- you know you want to!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Ellie's Quilt
About a month ago the girls and I caught some bug. It seemed to linger for a couple of weeks, during which we spent a lot of time indoors. I finished quite a few projects that I'm going to randomly post. This one is a quilt I made for Ellie's bed. I say "I", but, all I really did was sew the pieces together. I commissioned my Mom and little sister (and any visitor to my mothers house) to pick up a quilting needle. I was really mean, insisting on a different pattern for each piece of fabric. I drew in all the quilting patterns and then left the quilt at the end of my short trip for others to finish hand-quilting. They did an awesome job and I truly have an heirloom (Ellie has the nicest bedspread in the house). Thank you, thank you! I can't wait until we can do the twin sized to match- you know you want to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The quilt is beautiful.
Make me one? You are so uber talented...
Yea, I get to see it. So pretty. I wish I could have been one of the ones that sat at that quilt and helped out. So beautiful.
WOW! It's beautiful
Syd was sick for a few weeks and I got alot done then too...
It's hand quilted? Oh I'm in love! How lucky to have people help you quilt it....
Hi Ang, it's Sarah Redd! Long time no see! I found you through Michelle's blog. Your girls are BEAUTIFUL and congrats on the boy on the way! e-mail me at sarahsredd@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite to my blog, we're private. Say Hi to Jed!
Post a Comment