March 8th- Sarah woke up from a nap and climbed on my lap in the dining room. I was working on a St. Patricks Day craft (to be posted) she wanted to see. I sat her down in the chair so I could help Ellie with some homework. I was out of the room for two minutes when she fell, hitting her head. After an attempt at family night our snuggly, sleepy girl lost it (twice). She and I ended up in the ER from 9:30p.m.-2:30a.m. I knew things were going to be alright as soon as we got into the triage nurse. Sarah was at full social strength, pulling out all the stops (talking about upcoming birthdays and past ones, talking about slippers and toe-nail polish). The nurse even told me, "she seems fine now", needless to say we were not at the top of the emergency list. I had started to second guess our trip to the ER when the Dr. came to talk with us. She ordered a CT scan, because of Sarah's symptoms, even though it is not routine anymore, just to rule out any damage. Things were fine, I was so grateful for the peace of mind and caring staff. What an adventure!
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Fun in the ER
March 8th- Sarah woke up from a nap and climbed on my lap in the dining room. I was working on a St. Patricks Day craft (to be posted) she wanted to see. I sat her down in the chair so I could help Ellie with some homework. I was out of the room for two minutes when she fell, hitting her head. After an attempt at family night our snuggly, sleepy girl lost it (twice). She and I ended up in the ER from 9:30p.m.-2:30a.m. I knew things were going to be alright as soon as we got into the triage nurse. Sarah was at full social strength, pulling out all the stops (talking about upcoming birthdays and past ones, talking about slippers and toe-nail polish). The nurse even told me, "she seems fine now", needless to say we were not at the top of the emergency list. I had started to second guess our trip to the ER when the Dr. came to talk with us. She ordered a CT scan, because of Sarah's symptoms, even though it is not routine anymore, just to rule out any damage. Things were fine, I was so grateful for the peace of mind and caring staff. What an adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad she is Ok. She is so beautiful!!
Post a Comment